My Life Review
“… But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” - 1 Corinthians 6:11
- Before you begin this Life Review be sure to set aside 60-90 minutes and get away from any distractions.
- Grab a pen! Don’t just read the questions, reflect and write down your responses in a notebook.
“Forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." - Matthew 6:12–14
- Who has hurt you? Go as far back as you can. List specific ways that they hurt you.
- Are you holding a grudge against anyone?
- Who have you been able to forgive?
- Who have you been critical of or gossiped about? Why do you think you have done this?
- Is there anyone you have unjustly blamed for things that happens? How did you blame them?
- What new, healthy relationships have you developed lately (last 12 months)?
"Get rid of all bitterness, passion, and anger. No more shouting or insults. No more hateful feelings of any sort." - Ephesians 4:31
- Rate your overall daily attitude on a scale of 1-10 (1 = terrible attitude, 10 = great attitude). Explain your rating.
- What areas of your life are you thankful for?
- In the past, what things have you been ungrateful about?
- What causes you to lose your temper?
- In your past, what or who still makes you worried, fearful, or anxious?
- What impact do the people around you have on your attitude? If this their doing or yours?
"Do not lie to each other. You have left your old sinful life and the things you did before." - Colossians 3:9
- Who have you cheated, lied to and/or stolen from?
- What area of your life is an example to others?
- In the past, how have you exaggerated to make yourself look good? Give examples.
- Are your actions the same at church, home, work, school and with friends? If not, where are you inconsistent?
- List the ways you’ve been able to take positive steps to change bad habits or situations.
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." - Romans 12:2
- Have you filled or are you filling your mind with hurtful or unhealthy movies, television programs, music, magazines, books, or websites? Describe.
- What from your past or present is affecting your mental health the most?
- How have you overcome negative thoughts and/or wrong thinking in the past?
"Haven’t you yet learned that your body is the home of the Holy Spirit God gave you, and that he lives within you? Your own body does not belong to you. For God has bought you with a great price. So use every part of your body to give glory back to God, because he owns it." - 1 Corinthians 6:19–20
- In what ways have you mistreated your body?
- Have you abused alcohol, drugs, food, or sex in your life? If so, how?
- What have you done to attempt to build up and strengthen your body?
Out of the above areas in this Life Review, which ones do you need to share with a trusted friend?
- Commit this to God in prayer. If you do not feel like you are ready to discuss this stuff, keep praying about it!
- But please, make sure you set a time to talk with someone you trust about these things.